Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Making an Impression

This week was to be my second full week. I was starting to feel my grove and getting use to the 8-5 run. It wasn't all that bad either.

On Monday my trainer came into town and we spent a lot of time going over the software, etc. It was a little tedious because I had already gone over most of it in the online training, but I didn't want miss any tips or shortcuts that she could show me. Trainer is super nice and very funny and she knows her stuff!

Things were going great until about 2:00pm. That's when the cold bug hit me up along side the head and caused my nose to run, my head to ache, and my throat became the home of a large and unruly toad.

Croak!

Because I'm new and because I know that making a good impression is very important, I showed up for work Tuesday morning. Both the Manager and the Trainer looked at me and asked, "Why are you here?"

I explained that it was just a cold and that I also had phone training scheduled with a party back east and didn't feel that it was right to call in sick. They both told me that I should go home. Manager said that if I wanted leave after my phone training that would be great.

Then she promptly wiped down every single surface in her office with Clorox wipes. I noted that there was a LARGE container of Clorox wipes on my desk as well.

Gee, can I take a hint?

After I completed my phone training, the Trainer told me I should go home.

Everyone wanted me to leave.

I could smell the Lysol.

So, I went home.

And I called in sick today.

And even thought they said it doesn't look bad, I feel like it does.

What a way to make a first impression!

Sniff
Sniff
Cough
Cough

3 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon!!! Sorry that had to happen on your first day, no fun!

Roo said...

Would you rather miss a few days or be known as "Typhoid Annie"?

Feel better soon!!!!

Annie said...

Hi Heather (waves wildly) Nice of you to drop by!

Roo - How did you know they were calling me that? HA !