Thursday, May 19, 2011

Glenda? Is That You?

Today consisted of:

A broken lunch date, sorry friend.

Coughing, coughing, coughing.

A crazy ride in a golf cart. Honestly. It was a scary ride.

Sniffle, sniffle. sniffle.

Wicked witch of the West shoes (not worn by yours truly). Seriously, black and wickedly pointy toes. They had a small, tight black heel that made a loud clicking sound on the black top and demanded your attention. The fact that they made the wearers feet look incredibly long made them attractive, but my eyes were still drawn to that sharp toe. I thought about Dorothy and more than once, I glanced heavenward...you know, just in case.

A restraining order. It was all drama and tragedy and the most poignant part was the police officer telling me how she didn't want to make the arrest. It just broke my heart when the gentleman in question turned around and said, "See you sweetheart."

A box of doughnuts. No, I did not buy them. Beloved did. I'll make him pay for bringing me a maple bar later...after I finish eating it.

And my telling my daughter that she is not allowed to marry any of the foreign pilots in her aviation class because he will take her out of the country and I will never see her again!

Cough,sniffle, cough, achoo!

And how was your day?

No comments: