Sunday, May 08, 2011

The Fight

This is Girl.

For the most part, we get along like two peas in a pod.

Like two cats outta the same bag.

Like two humps on a camel.

Birds of a feather.

You get my point.

Girl is attending our local Jr. college with her eye on a aviation degree.

She r smart.

She earned a spot on the Presidents List for winter term.

Her r sooper smart.

But recently we discovered that there is a step in her development that we missed.

We've never had The Fight.

This was brought to Girl's attention by a classmate who was grumbling about her own mother. She told Girl she thought it might be time for her to have The Fight with her mother. Girl, bless her little innocent soul, blinked at her classmate and asked what The Fight was.

Classmate looked at her in a bewildered way and smirked, "The fight is the daughter asserting her independence and the mother being an over-controlling troll..."

Or something to that affect.

When Girl informed me that we hadn't had "The Fight" I had to ask girl for the definition because I didn't know what it meant. We had a good chuckle over it, because we've never had The Fight and we don't intend to.

Of course, I had The Fight with my own mother, but that wasn't until I was 36.

Sad

Sad

Sad

At any rate, I am happy to report that neither of us is interested in having The Fight. I'll let her fly, literally, and she won't hate my guts for eternity.

Sounds like a fair trade, don't you think?

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: