Monday, January 31, 2011

Day Five

All is silent in the little green house on the corner, save for the rumble of the washing machine in the garage. Beloved is off to work and Girl has left for school. It's just the dog, the cat, and I.

All is well.

My pain is so very limited to certain movements, such as getting out of bed, that one would hardly believe I've had surgery. I have scars to prove it though and a weak and tired body that refuses to do more than walk a few laps around the kitchen. I'm hoping that Beloved will take me for a short walk outside when he returns this afternoon.

Of course, I'll have to do something with my Albert Einstein hair first. Which will require more strength than I believe I possess at the moment.

There are so many things I would like to do, such as sweeping the floors or cleaning the bathroom. Alas, simply making breakfast wore me out today.

Perhaps I'll simply watch a movie and snooze.

That sounds like a better idea.

4 comments:

Roo said...

I know it's probably driving you nuts, but take advantage of this downtime. You'll be wishing for more later I'm sure!

Glad to hear your progressing.

patti said...

use a scarf for the hair. easy-cheesy, and so mysterious.

glad you are gaining strength. still prayin'!

Darrell Michaels said...

Glad to hear that you are getting better, even if slowly.

Don't push too much. You don't want to undo the progress you have made thus far!

Island Rider said...

Praying for you. My boss sent me home today. I was trying to be brave, but this Guatemala virus is kicking my butt. You and I both need to learn to rest. I was going to comment on your last blog post about courtship, but it's gone now! I too have some misgivings about it but my adopted daughter is sold on it. I pray God will use the lessons to bring her closer to Him. Raising kids is hard isn't it? I don't know how people do it without God in their life. Get well soon!