Friday, February 18, 2011

Shudder

I had to do something hard yesterday. It was a difficult situation and I wasn't sure how to approach it. I knew the receiver of the information I had to relay was going to feel sucker punched, but I was unsure of how to proceed. I didn't want to mess with this individual. I didn't want to leave them high and dry. Yet, the news had to be shared and I think the direct approach is always best...even if it's going to hurt or anger someone.

As I drove to the meeting location, I was just plain sick to my stomach. I didn't want to say what needed to be said, but I did. You know, sometimes there is no middle ground.

I thought about waiting and realized that if I waited another couple of weeks, it would still be a slap in the face.

Sometimes there is just no way out but up and over that wall.

I've had time to think about the conversation. I suppose it went as well as could be expected under the circumstances. The receiver was both angry and hurt, as I knew they would be. I had no words to express how I feel about this news. I am both excited and sad.

Excited, because it means something new for me.

Sad, because it means there are changes afoot...and really, who likes change?

So, here I sit, early in the morning, bouncing the next conversation around in my head. I know this isn't over and there will be more words to say. I'm dreading those.

They make me shudder.

2 comments:

Darrell Michaels said...

Mrs. Annie, you have a knack for saying so much without telling us what is going on! Grrr! ;) Hopefully the good will outweigh the bad in your situation, ma'am.

Betty Craker Henderson said...

I've faced exactly what you're going through and there is nothing that can make you suffer more! My sympathy reaches out to you.