Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Hero

I'm working on some big changes in my life. I think it has to do with the fact that I am nearly *cough*forty-three*cough* and life hasn't exactly panned out the way I always pictured it would.

My life isn't bad, don't get me wrong, it's just I'm not where I thought I would be by now.

Where that exact location is, I'm not really sure, but there has got to be more!

If this is middle life, than I want it to count for something. I spent the last seventeen years pouring my life into two of the most important people I know; my children. Now it's time for me, er, I meant us.

It's kind of exciting, you know?

But it's also super scary. My stomach hurts...a lot these days. Just thinking of all the trips, the adventures, the new people we'll meet along the way kinda intimidates me.

I'm a chicken. There, I said it.

Last night I looked into Beloved's baby blues and said, "You are so brave!"

He's so much more adventurous than I am, which is pretty funny considering his idea of a vacation is to stay home and listen to his 600+ Vinyls. But I think he's growing. You know, morphing into a better man.

Is that possible? I mean, he's already a pretty great guy.

The last time this happened he was twenty-five and was suddenly Mister Responsible with a wife and two kids. It freaked me out then and it freaks me out now. It's all good, just weird.

I may not be very heroic, but I am a great follower. Lead on, oh brave knight, our adventure awaits!

2 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Hope you find the adventure you are seeking.

Darrell Michaels said...

Adventure is over-rated. Look at what you and your hubby have accomplished together despite all of the daily adventures life has thrown at you along the way!

You have two fantastic young adults that you both raised up good, strong, and God-loving!

You have each other and still love each other in an age where marriage is disposable.

Your work and love together have made the world a better place. Not everyone can say that, my friend!

You both have my admiration!

If you want excitement and real adventure, have your beloved take you to a Trailblazers game this Fall! :)