Thursday, May 20, 2010

Punitive...It's a Funny Word

Last night I watched truth come alive. In the course of two hours, what began as a small seedling grew into a glorious, flowering tree of hope. It was amazing to witness and I was so glad to be a part of it.

Over the course of the last twelve hours this truthful foliage has spread a few seeds. We're hoping it spread like wildfire. Wouldn't it be wonderful if truth were like dandelions?

I don't know about you, but I've got my fair share of dandelions in my yard. No matter what I do they continue on. I can clip them off, dig them up, poison them, and still they persist. Once those dandelions turn to seed, there's no stopping them spreading. If it isn't the wind carrying those seeds to the four corners of the earth, then it's the children making wishes and blowing the seeds off the flower head and sending them scattering to the four corners of my neighbors yards.

That's the way I'd like to see these little seeds of truth spread. I'd like to see them thrive and become so noxious that no matter what was said or done, truth would still be there - growing and spreading.

It's been a difficult week wading through the muck, rooting out the lies, and praying for a miracle.

Yet, I know that no matter how long it takes, truth will spread and blossom.

1 comment:

Sandcastle Momma said...

They say the truth always wins - it's nice to see that actually happen.

There is a woman in the town next to us that sets up a roadside stand every year and she sells dandelions. Or she tries to - she never has any business. Probably because everyone already has an overabundance of them. I keep thinking she needs to revisit her business plan and maybe sell something that doesn't grow wild in every yard in America LOL