Friday, May 07, 2010

Men!

Just so you know, my hair...AMAZING! Truly. I look like a different person. A younger person. A prettier person. Just ask my Beloved, he'll tell ya it's true.

There is something about when you walk in a room and the man you have been married to for nearly 23 years says, "Wow!".

Basically, it means he can have anything he wants.

Anyway, Girl and I both Facebook. I started FB to keep an eye on Girl and to spy on Boy. Works like a charm. Anyone (read any male) who wants to friend Girl, must friend me. All of her alerts come to my email address. I keep a close eye on my girl. Yes I do.

So, the other night a young man who has friended both of us, started chatting with me. He made reference to my post on Girl's wall about her growing up so fast and to STOP IT! He said it made him laugh. He also mentioned that he had thought about posting a response about asking my Beloved if he could date/court our daughter. He said he was "joking".

ha

ha

ha

Now, neither Beloved or myself are stupid. We did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday. We are completely aware that Girl is a lovely young woman, just about to graduate high school, and that said young man has shown some interest in girl.

Joking my big toe!

Today, he sent her a message asking if she would like to attend a dance tonight. Girl called to me from the computer, "MMooommmmmm.....you better come take a look at this...."

And so it begins.

I always knew this day would come and he seems like a nice young man. But frankly, I'm not sure I'm ready for this and pretty darn sure that Beloved isn't.

In other news, FIL has reached the crabby, complaining, snarly, portion of his recovery. He's not so peachy any more. He moans. He groans. He won't go to the doctor. He won't go outside and sit in the sun. He won't do anything I ask him to do.

I am tired of dealing with crabby old men! But I'm trying a new approach. It's called, "fussing". I will fuss over him a little more. The Unabomber is still here, but he doesn't fuss. My hope is that if I fuss a little, that maybe he'll stop complaining.

Or is this like rewarding bad behavior?

Men!

I've got my Beloved who thinks that while I've always been beatiful, my new do is a MARKED improvement, a young man trying to woo my Girl and one old man stamping on what's left of my nervous system.

Men!

2 comments:

Darrell Michaels said...

ROFL! It's nice to hear when we men folk can return the favor to you women-folk! :)

Travis Erwin said...

One big reason I'm glad I only have boys.