Monday, April 26, 2010

Seriously?

So, you know all about FIL and his neon green cast. Okay, you may not have known that his cast was neon green, I picked out the color, he veto'd pink. Anywho, you know he's home and we are all adjusting to having him around. He's doing okay. We are all surviving. I called out an SOS to the family and got screwed, well sorta screwed, by the family, but that's just how they role.

Ahem.

You also know that my father, who is done with me, was in the hospital last week. What you do not know is the details of the juvenile txt conversation that GC and I had. This is something you really don't want to know. It's all bad attitude and cuss words anyway.

Groan.

On Sunday, that delicious day where we went to see SOLDIER MOMMY in her very own house (!), I woke up with the right side of my face swollen.

huh?

Yep, swollen and lookin' oh so hot. Actually, it was kinda scary looking. And I felt tired. So tired that I could have just sat down on the floor and cried myself to sleep. And that was at 7:00 in the morning. Not a good sign my friends.

Today the right side of my face was still swollen and it had these nifty little bumps all over it. Bumps on my eye lid. Bumps on my cheek. Hmm....allergic reaction on the right side only? Weird. Did I have a stroke? Bell's Palsy? Do I have a tumor? It was kinda numb too. Strange.

The doctor broke it to me gently: Shingles - from the Herpes and Mono family. No cure and because it's on your EYE it's serious. Scary serious. You gonna be blind, serious.

Now, I'm a good sport. I can take it and give it back. But talk of blindness is not one of my favorite topics. In fact, when it's talk about MY eye being BLIND, well, it's not something I want to discuss at all.

Dr. GoodNews sent me home with Famciclovir and a stern warning to go to the opthamologist. Stern.Warning.

Danger! Danger!

So, here I sit wondering if my right eye is going to pop out of my head and roll across the floor. I was an IDIOT and googled shingles on the face/eye area. Yeah, take a gander at them pictures. I dares ya.

Oh, one other warning that Dr. GoodNews gave me as I left her office, "You need to cut down on your stress."

Ha ha ha

That's a good one doc!

3 comments:

Patti said...

if anyone can relate to your stress about your eye, EYE CAN! there is nothing funny about the chance of losing an eye.

listen to your doc, stay off the med pages and we'll all pray. do what the doc says. time for your family to understand you have to rest (your extended fam). keep us posted.

Darrell Michaels said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I am praying for you, Annie!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Wow - it doesn't just rain on you it pours - a lot!
Get to the eye doc fast!