Friday, February 26, 2010

They Walk Among Us

So, I met this girl. She's young, like my daughters age. I knew she was a bit of a flake, because she didn't show up when we'd agreed to meet and she hung up on me when I phoned her. Weird.

Then I actually met her.

She doesn't look real.

Seriously.

She looks like this:



I am not pulling your leg. Only her nose wasn't pointy, but it was the perfect shape, set in a perfect face underneath perfect, LARGE brown, nearly black, eyes.

Every time I look at her I cannot help but wonder if tweeners follower her around with a dazed and adoring expression etched on their pubescent faces.

She kinda freaks me out. I'm just sayin'.

While she's really nice I simply cannot get over her face. I keep thinking about those books written by Scott Westerfeld; Uglies, Pretties, and Specials. I think she dropped into our plane of existence from one of his books.




And I know I shouldn't let this bother me, but she really doesn't look real. I bet if she stood still in a display window that people would think she was a mannequin.



I've always thought Anime was just kinda weird. I had no idea that they walk among us.

1 comment:

Writing Without Periods! said...

What an interesting story. I love the art work.
Mary