Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Laughter IS the Best Medicine

Sometimes...sometimes I just can't help myself. If something is funny, regardless of what or who is involved, I'm going to laugh.

Be warned

There is this lady at the gym who is a little intimidating. Okay, she's a lot intimidating! Seriously. She's uber tall with filthy mouth and a penetrating stare that will make you want to duck and cover. Tis true and I'm not the only employee whose noticed it.

It took months for her to be civil to me.

Over the last few months I've noticed that she's a bit more friendly. Meaning that her icy stare hasn't melted my soul...yet. She usually says hi and goodbye and more often than not, she'll drop the F-bomb just to see what I'll do.

For the record I laugh at her and tell her she's bad. Which she kinda already knows

Last night she was in rare form, and as several of us stood around the desk (yes, I was actually trying to get some work done (Kristen!), she brazenly announced she had to "pee".

Thanks for sharing

She strolled off to the restroom and moments later my co-worker said that while there was a lull in activity she was going to clean the bathroom. I told her that I thought Big and Scary was in the bathroom, but we both noted that door said vacant. It was assumed that Big and Scary had gone around the corner to use the other restroom.

Wait for it

So, co-worker pulls open the door and quickly slams it and announces that she's just walked in on Big and Scary.

She was mortified

Of all the gym members in all the world, she had to walk in on THAT one.

And I laughed

and laughed

and laughed

I couldn't stop. I laughed so hard that other people started laughing. By the time Big and Scary exited the restroom there was a lot of laughter going on. She looked at me in an accusing and soul melting way and all I could do was laugh and gasp out that it wasn't me.

For the first time in a year and a half Big and Scary had nothing to say.

And I laughed harder!

I simply could not help myself and all night, every time I looked at co-worker, I would chuckle some more.

In my defense, I work in a PUBLIC place and one should always remember to LOCK the restroom door when one is going to use the facilities.

I'm just sayin'

4 comments:

A.Marie said...

I would have been laughing right along with you. Big and Scary should know better....you are right; that is why doors have LOCKS!!

:)

Darrell Michaels said...

Funny! :)

Travis Erwin said...

She'll lock it next time I bet.

Kristen said...

WHY have I not heard of this transpiring before?!?! Of course I know EXACTLY who you are talking about--it took a long time for her to be civil to me as well, but one time recently she admitted--albeit quietly--that she actually likes me. Now I use that moment to blackmail her, threatening to announce it. :) Funny story!