Thursday, January 14, 2010

Do It!

I do my share of moaning and groaning around here. Just yesterday, I whined on my Facebook account that I had to decipher the difference between our new medical ID card and our pharmacy ID card. Gee, it's rough livin' in the ol' US of A.

Am I the only one who feels:

selfish

stupid

ungrateful

today?

Haiti.

You know what I mean. We are wealthy. We live like flippin' kings with our big cars, our big houses, our fast food and drive through Starbucks.

Our children have laptops, ipods, and shoes of which the cost could feed a family in Haiti for a week.

A week.

I'm a schmuck. But so are you. You know you've done it too. Wanted more - even though you have MORE than enough.

We live in the land of plenty and although there are those who would like to constrict our freedoms, we've still got it pretty good.

Our children go to sleep with a full stomach.

We have clean, running water.

Schools.

Hospitals.

The right to vote (and I certainly hope you DO vote).

Since we have so much, maybe we could share some of it. Haiti needs it's neighbors to lend a hand. It's times like these that you find out who your friends are.

You know what to do.

So do it.

4 comments:

Darrell Michaels said...

Well said. My only disagreement would be that those that don't choose to vote for freedom and Constituionality can stay just stay home on election day.

A.Marie said...

Great post! I blogged about this also! You put into words what I would have liked to have said...

I have alot compared to the people in Haiti..I have a house, even though it is small, but it is comfortable and I have food in the fridge. Hubby still has work and even though there is not enough $$ to go around, by the Grace of God, we are managing.

http://4hatsandfrugal.blogspot.com/2010/01/bloggers-unite-for-relief-in-haiti.html

Copy and paste this link, if you are interested, in Amiyrah's blog and her McLinky that she has on it.

Sandcastle Momma said...

Beautiful post. It's sad that it takes someone else's misfortune for us to appreciate what we have.

Darrell Michaels said...

What Sandcastle Momma said is absolutely true. What is even more sad is seeing someone else's misfortune and STILL not appreciating what we have in comparison. :(