1. I turned forty-two today.
2. I found the perfect lipstick.
3. I had coffee with one of my best friends.
4. I received a beautiful covered casserole dish.
5. I did laundry.
6. I had lunch with my Beloved and my Boy.
7. I received two books; Easy on the Eyes by Jane Porter (fav!), and South of Broad by Pat Conroy (all time fav!).
8. I cleaned the cat box.
9. I mopped the floor.
10. I thought about going to the gym…and didn’t…
11. I talked to the Singer, the Giver, and Red.
12. I’ll be meeting Red at the gym in an hour.
13. I talked to the Stalker too.
14. I took down the clothes line – fall is here.
15. I wondered if my mother remembered it was my birthday. Not that I’m expecting or want anything. From her.
16. I laid out the ingredients for banana bread; but haven’t made it yet.
17. I watched the clouds roll in as I sat, for one last time, on my patio.
18. I learned that Chris Klicka, of Homeschool Legal Defense, is near death. I feel sad for his wife and children.
19. I missed my Omi saying, “Happy Birthday”.
20. I swept the floor.
21. I curled my hair.
22. I cleared off the kitchen table.
23. I re-read my blogs about Omi. Sniffle.
24. I Facebooked for wwaayy too long.
25. I made tea.
26. I noticed that Beloved’s eyes turn an even brighter blue when he wears a certain blue shirt. Nice!
27. I watched Beloved build a ridicules pair of speakers. Truly. Ridiculous.
28. I thanked FIL for birthday money.
29. I remembered my SIL will be here at the end of the week.
30. I contemplated coloring my hair.
31. I looked at my messy bedroom and decided against cleaning it.
32. I miss my Girl and wonder how I will ever survive once she’s out on her own.
33. I wondered why forty-two feels different than forty-one.
34. I thanked God that I am forty-two with a wonderful family.
35. I remembered I have a book review and a blog post due. TOMORROW!
36. I will clean my kitchen tonight.
37. I will watch Drop Dead Diva too.
38. I will tell those that I love, that I do indeed, love them.
39. I will be thankful for my job, my home, and friends.
40. I will read in bed until my eyes are full of sand and begging for sleep.
41. I will be a stronger, more faithful, kinder person this year.
42. I will love, because Jesus loved me first.