Monday, August 03, 2009

Has it Been a Year Already?

Saturday was my one year anniversary at Curves. I cannot believe how time has flown. Last year I was simply hoping to find a part time job to add some extra pennies to our bank. Remember the price of gas last year? Ouch!

I wasn't looking for friends when I went back into the job market. Yet, I've found them in abundance. I didn't know how sheltered my life had become, now I know better.

Not that I regret my many years at home, homeschooling my babies and baking cookies. It just that I've found new fields and the work is good.

My job isn't perfect, whose is? There are the crabby ladies, the thoughtless ladies, the down right mean ladies, perhaps you've met them too. There are also the sweet, wonderful women, the smart and sassy women, and the women who have overcome great odds who inspire me every. single. day.

I can't speak for every Curves, but I know my gym is an amazing place with beautiful women (in all shapes, sizes and ages) who have built a community of support. They rock my world and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

Yet, it's not just the members who have made my place of employment so amazing.

The owners (big wave: Hi Kristen!!) are great. I couldn't ask for better managers who are thoughtful and understanding. They have put together a terrific team and are the core of our little group.

The manager is the best manager I have EVER worked for. She's got my back and that's nice to know. She's also so tactful (something I sometimes lack) and caring. I've seen her take a bad situation and turn it into something positive and motivating. I guess that's why she's the manager.

My fellow employees are equally amazing. From the sarcastic and snarky to the downright sweet, they are a joy to work. Everyone has their strengths and everyone works together to make our gym the very best.

Just ask anyone, they'll tell you, we are the best.

So, thanks Kristen and Barbara for taking a chance on a mommy who stayed home for seventeen years. Thanks Mel, Linda, Felicia, Julia and Theresa for making our team so wonderful.

And a huge thanks to the amazing members of Curves gym. You have enriched my life and inspired my health journey.

4 comments:

A.Marie said...

Oh Wow!! Your place sounds like a wonderful spot to work at! You are very fortunate to have such a great manager and group of people to work with! :)

Kristen said...

Snif snif! It TRULY wouldn't be the same without YOU Darling. Happy Anniversary!

Barrie said...

Has it really been a year? Holy cow!!

Sandcastle Momma said...

It's wonderful that you've found a job you like and the people are nice too! Sounds like you are definitely in the right place.