Thursday, February 26, 2009

It came in a plain manila envelope.

“We are pleased to inform you…”


Yep, the mammogram was normal. It said so in bold print: NORMAL.

I told you I build mountains…

No, I will not be posting the souvenir CD featuring my mammogram here on my blog. There’s just something wrong about posting nude (and you don’t get much more nude than an x-ray!) pictures of your body parts online.

In other news: Girl is now brace free!

After three long, grueling years her smile is beautiful, her bite is right on, and her jaw no longer clicks when she eats. Some people have braces for cosmetic reasons, such as Girl's brother, but in my Girl's case, oi was her mouth a mess.

What impressed me the most, aside from her now dazzling smile, is the before and after photos. The first set, taken at age 13, show us such a little girl, a little girl with really bad teeth. The second one, well, my how she’s grown!

Yes, I have posted pictures below and yes, I did seek girl’s permission before doing so. Naked teeth are okay here.





This photo shows the bottom teeth, but not much of the upper teeth. You can't really see it, but her entire bite was shifted off center due to the fact that her jaw is longer on one side, than the other. You can't see how some teeth are coming in above others or how crooked most of them are.



My goodness! She's so pretty!

I had a friend who told me that braces are a waste of time, money, and effort. Looking at the above photos, I would have to disagree.

7 comments:

tootie said...

Congrats to your good health!

And your daughter's smile is beautiful! I swear that the money my parents paid for my braces was worth every single penny.

TexasRed said...

Excellent news all around!

Travis Erwin said...

Three cheers for both you and your daughter.

Patti said...

gorgeous! love the before and after...

Anonymous said...

Woo - woo!

They look great!

Kat

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Pretty doesn't say it - try stunning. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Ice Cream said...

I was one of those who needed braces for more than cosmetic reasons and I will always be grateful for living in an age where such things are possible.

She is so lovely!