Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Happy Birthday Miss C

Today is my baby's birthday! She was born sixteen very short years ago. I am very blessed to call this child daughter and am amazed at her kind and gracious heart. She brings such joy to our lives. Because of her, I've fought to break the abusive cycle of mother-daughter relationships that have plagued my family for generations. She is one of the reasons I try to be a better person.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRISSY!


Please forgive the poor quality of some of these photos. Taking a picture of a picture doesn't always work well



The minute I saw her I thought she looked just like her Grandma Tykie



And here she is with her Grandma. I love this photo and we all miss our Tykie so very much!





You can't see it, but she's wearing rubber boots. That's a country girl for ya!



Fun with Master C aka The Game Master. These two are more like siblings than cousins.




Christmas cookies



Regency Ball with Daddy



In costume for the Skit, Play, Epic Thing at Dunes Bible Camp



My little girl. Sigh. She's taller than I am, funnier than I am, and far more merciful. I am blessed. Truly.

10 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

Happy Birthday Miss C!

Sweet Sixteen...woo hoo. I hope she gets a car! (just kidding)

Travis Erwin said...

Happy birthday to your daughter.

Barrie said...

Happy Birthday, Miss C!

Patti said...

i love these walks down mommy lane...she's a beauty! happy birthday!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Happy Birthday, Miss C!

Blessings,
Susan :)

Anonymous said...

I remember all of these pictures!!!!

Happy B-Day Chrissy!!

Love the "P"'s in TN

Kiva said...

What a gorgeous kid! Happy birthday, Sweet 16!

Amber said...

Happy birthday Cuz! I was gonna call you today, I swear, but somehow time just slips away... I'm writing a reminder on my hand in black sharpie to call tomorrow! I love you, and I can attest to just how AMAZING you are! Hope you had a great birthday, and I'll see you on Friday! LOL

TJ Brown said...

Ann, we are old.
Teri

Ice Cream said...

I love looking at photos like this. 16 years in 9 still moments. Amazing. And to find such healing through your daughter is beautiful.