Sunday, September 07, 2008

Before Times Runs Out

We had the pleasure of Master Smiley and the Game Master's company over the weekend. Soldier Mommy had Drill and thus the boys arrived bag and baggage for a couple of days. We hadn't seen the Game Master since late last spring as he had spent some time with his father in California. Imagine my surprise when he walked in the door, looked me in the eye, and laughed.

Yep, he'd grown!

Considerably, I might add.

It was also the first time in a very long time that our Boy was home, meaning we had a houseful!




In other news:

Twenty pounds people. That's right, finally, at long last, I've lost twenty pounds. The amazing diet I'm following? I stopped taking that blasted steroid inhaler and lost three pounds.

The hip, while sometimes still hippy, isn't giving me too much trouble. Lovely. I'm one lap away from running that mile. Sadly, it's not my hip that's stopping me, but my lungs. I hope to overcome this minor set back by building them up and kickin' that mile by early next week.

I'm still trying to grasp being the parent of an adult male. Hmmm...what can I say? New choices, new people, new decisions to be made. It's sometimes overwhelming and I've become very good at keeping my pie hole closed.

Stop laughing it's true.

The coming week brings a four day work week, a meeting with the Chef, and our first week of school.

If you'll pardon me, I need to go iron my cape.

6 comments:

The Sweet Family said...

Congrats on 20 lbs! That is amazing.

I also love your "ball" in the pictures! hehehe

Take care and keep up the fantastic work!!!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Annie -

Congratulations on reaching the 20-lb mark! There's an old saying, "By the inch, it's a cinch. By the yard, it's hard." Hang in there.

Great pics of the boys. Bet the sound level at your house is deafening.

Do you have a spare cape? I could use one.

Blessings,
Susan :)

tootie said...

Wow! 20lbs - that is awesome! Congrats!

Amber said...

Whoo hoo! 20 pounds Baby! You are so awesome! You know I'm gonna have to just do it. Ya know, get off my butt and work out. Thanks for providing inspiration and motivation!

Love ya!

Soldier mom OUT

Ice Cream said...

More amazing than twenty pounds is that you are training your body to overcome its weaknesses. You are awesome.

From where I sit, your cape looks fab.

Patti said...

iron away! 20 pounds is a big turkey! mmmmm, turkey....