Thursday, May 01, 2008

Read My Lips



Continued from yesterday: The Book

My BFF, Teri J. Brown, has been writing her entire life, but only for fame and fortune the last eight years. Her first book has become legend among a certain group of Christian homeschoolers, while her second book, Day Tripping gave parents new and innovative ideas about getting their children out of the house for some family adventure.

I am so very proud to announce that Teri’s first work of fiction will be hitting the bookshelves at the local book stores (of course you can pre-order online) on June 3rd. This young adult novel has all the great elements of teen lit: popularity, cute guys, gossip, and just a wee bit o’ mystery.

Meet Serena:

Serena just wants to fly under the radar at her new school. But Serena is deaf, and she can read lips really well-even across the busy cafeteria. So when the popular girls discover her talent, there’s no turning back.

What I liked about Read My Lips was how real the characters were. Serena has a real desire to fit in, just like we all did back in high school and sometimes that longing to be part of the crowd makes good choices kind of fuzzy. The mean girls did mean girl things, but they weren’t horrific. They were just kids, doing kid things. Then there was the description of Serena’s mom who does one thing that drives her crazy; the mother hover.

Helicopter parenting to the max!


Frankly, that sounds a little too much like me and I think I’ll have to have a word or two with Ms. Brown!

The book is a fun, light read. I’m excited for Teri and all the authors over at Class of 2K8. Why not check them out?

And of course you can pre-order Read My Lips from Teri's web page, teribrownwrites.com (click link above) or from my book store on the right hand side of this page. Don't forget you can also purchase it on June 3 at a bookstore near you!

4 comments:

TJ Brown said...

Ahhhh

Thanks:)

(Blush)

Teri

Family Adventure said...

Sounds like a great premise for a book. I'm looking into it now!!

Heidi :)

Kiva said...

OK, I'm sold.

Ice Cream said...

I love when friends of mine do cool things, because then I'm cool be association, right?

Congrats to your friend!