Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Keeping the Home Fires Burning

Tomorrow will be two weeks since my surgery. I. Feel. Great.

I feel so good that I keep imagining that I am, you know, well. My mind keeps saying that I'm back to my former self and thus should be able to do all the things I was doing pre-surgery.

My body, on the other hand, reminds me that I am NOT back to normal. Better...yes, but not 100%. Maybe 70%, but not 100.

For instances, today I decided to vacuum the family room. You may recall that we have a dog. He's a shepherd-chow mix and all that long, blond hair is everywhere. It's a constant battle to keep the hairballs and dust bunnies under control.

I don't feel that it is fair to ask Beloved to vacuum after he's had a long hard day. I feel the same way about asking Girl. That pretty much leaves me, the cat, and the dog. Since neither one of them seem to care about their mess, that leaves me.

It didn't go as well as I had hoped, but I did managed to vacuum a portion of the room that showed the most evidence of dog. It looks better and I am pleased.

There is one other discovery that I have made in the last week or so. I love being home. Love. It.

On Monday I prepared a pork loin with a white wine, onion and apple reduction. Delicious! Yesterday I made a meatloaf with sweet potatoes and green beans. Today, hearty black bean soup. All of them were low fat, low carb and incredibly tasty!

Girl said to me last night that she loves having me home. She said I'm not so stressed out or tired...and I cook!

I think she just likes that the house is super clean and she didn't have to do it. Ha!

I love my job. I do, but I have truly missed being home and taking care of my family. I love being here when Beloved gets home and providing a peaceful, comfortable meal to unwind to.

I didn't realize it, but I truly have missed being the keeper of my home.

No comments: