Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Year in Review

This picture greeted me this morning in my feed on Facebook. It's still difficult to wrap my head around the fact that boy is in India and has been since late November. One has to admit that this picture is epic.

Why, that's my little boy right there in front of the Taj!

Weird!

Of course I'm still getting use to the fact that we are now home owners. There it is, the little, green house on the corner. Astounding!

What's even more amazing is the way it looks on the inside! Hard wood floors make it feel like it belongs to another family. Sometimes I just sit and look around and wonder at it all.

I hope I never get over this feeling of gratefulness.

This year Beloved and I celebrated 23 years of marriage. I'm doing everything I can to keep him alive. Seriously, I'm never dating again!

Trying to keep him alive is proving a challenge since his family history runs through his blood stream and keeps us on our toes. After the last little SHOCK that the doctor sent our way, I started thinking about what's important and realized that we should do all the fun stuff we can.

You know what I mean? See the places we want to see. Do the things we've always meant to do. Remembering not to take days for granted.

That little blondie girl of mine graduated this year. She wrote her first piece of music for the piano. She registered for college. She may have drunk her weight in coffee. In the last two weeks she's had interview one and two for a local business.

Where has the time gone?

Beloved still works for the utility company. That makes ten years this year. He got his dream job and all is well. The new house also gave him a man cave...him happy.

Curves is still my employer and I'm thankful for it. I've made good friends there and kept moving. Two very important things in a girl's life.

It's nice to look back and remember all the things I've been so blessed to be a part of. I know that 2011 is bringing some pretty big changes too, and I think we be ready for them.

So, what happened to you this year?

5 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Isn't it awesome to be able to step back and see all of the wonderful blessings you have?
I'm amazed sometimes when I look at my life and I wonder what I did to be so blessed.
I just wish my kids would quit growing up so fast!

Darrell Michaels said...

Sounds like 2010 was a year of many changes for you and your family and most of them for the good. I pray that 2011 will have even more blessings in store for you, Annie!

Travis Erwin said...

Wow, a busy year.

Barrie said...

Happy New Year, Annie! I enjoyed reading about your year.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your house!!!! It is cute, cute cute!!! I can hardly wait to visit it! OH and you too!