Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I've Noticed

I've noticed that there are far too many women in the world who let other people bring them down.

They are doormats.

They have hearts worn on their sleeves.

They are abused.

And used.

Me hates that.

I'm a fighter, don't care what you think, shake it off, sneering kinda girl.

I'll also love the socks off you and bake you cookies...just sayin'.

As I write this my LITTLE girl is reading over my shoulder.

She is her mothers daughter.

She doesn't understand the drama queen dance.

Or the poor me, do you like me, I'll smother you with attention, kinda girl.

She's snarky like her mama.

But her heart is warmer. I think she's more tender. Kinder. Lovelier.

What's important though is that she never allow the earth dwellers to tear her down. See, I figured out a long time ago that the only opinion that matters is Jesus'.

Men will drag you down. Women will snub you. Bosses will boss you and magazines will lie to you about what beauty is.

God never does.

So, I've noticed that God is bringing needy, hurt, abused, women into our lives and I'm wondering if we are supposed to be learning something or teaching something.

Maybe it's a little bit of both.

No comments: