Saturday, April 11, 2009

Match Maker, Match Maker Make Me a Match

Yesterday went fine. There was only one major snub and that was focused on Girl. She shrugged it off and decided she didn't really want to be friends with that girl anyway.

I was a fish out of water though. There was a time when I was at the center of this community. People knew me because of my book business and publishing house, they attended my workshops, and read my newsletter. As I sat in the midst of the masses yesterday I realized how few faces were recognizable. It saddened my heart to think how much has changed in my life, but I am thankful for the past.

The performance was amazing. Ten grand pianos. Ten amazing pianists. The gasp of the crowd as the curtain parted; what beauty! And the music...astounding. They were a perfect match of rhythm and grace. Simply beautiful.

As we left I noted a young man trying to catch the eye of someone behind me. It soon became apparent that he was "eyeing" girl. He caught up with her and they chatted. Did I know this young man...had I seen him before...why is he chatting up girl?

My questions were answered and when I was reminded of his last name I looked at girl and said, "OH NO! Trust me, you do not want THAT for a mother-in-law!"

(I'm certain his mother would say the same thing about me...)

Today, I met a workout buddy at the gym. She's a nice lady but needs the motivation of someone else holding her accountable to workout. I like her, but I want her to connect with some of the other ladies at the gym. It may help to motivate her. I took the liberty of introducing her to another lady that I've befriended. I believe the two of them may just hit it off.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to match up some strawberries with some jell-o.

1 comment:

Barrie said...

I cannot think of my children and a mother-in-law. It's just tooooo scary!!