Monday, February 02, 2009

The Final Six



So much for best laid plans!

Since no blogging took place over the weekend and I don’t have to work today and the Turbo Tax site is currently unavailable…I guess I’ll finish up that business of handing out awards! Since it’s been a while, I’m going to repost the detail about the award first, just to remind you.

"This award 'acknowledges the values that every Blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values with each message they write.' Awards like this have been created with the intention of promoting community among Bloggers. It's a way to show appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web."

And of course the rules:

1. Accept the award; post it on your blog together with the name of the person who granted it to you, along with his/her blog link.


2. Pass the award to (15) other blogs that you feel are worthy of this recognition. Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen as recipients.


I posted nine of my fifteen the other day (scroll down). Without further ado, here are my remaining six Permio-Dardas Award winners:

10. Travis at One Word, One Rung, One Day. If you aren’t already a rabid fan of Travis Erwin, then you are NOT a serious blog junkie. He’s the man! Founder of My Town Monday he challenges us all to be better writers. Travis writes life the way he sees it and if you need a real good cry, read his posts on his son’s birth. Trust me, you’ll need a Kleenex.

11. Katie over at Making this Home. She’s an American living in Berlin. She shares the many differences between living here and living there. I love her blog, the simple ideas, the clean living. Wow. It’s so different from our fast food, fast lane, crazy American way of life.

12. Saundra at An Italian Mama Gone Crazy. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. She’s witty, she obsessed with The Bachelor and she lives with four guys, maybe that’s why she’s crazy. All I know is that she makes me laugh. Love it!

13. Barry from Barry Summy. She’s a mom. She’s a writer. Her book, I So Don’t Do Mysteries hit the book stores in December and she shares life with us, one mystery at a time. I say mystery, because every once in a while an evil Katie Couric kidnaps her blog from time to time. That Katie, she’s always kinda creeped me out.

14.Amy over at Amy’s Random Thoughts. Now here is a sweet lady. In just a few months her dream of becoming a mommy will come true as she and her husband bring home Lynn Marie, their heart daughter from China. I’ve enjoyed reading Amy’s blog about adoption, weight loss, and Biblical truths.

15. And last but certainly not least, Jess from Jessica’s Weight Loss Blog. She’s inspiring, truthful, and a real go getter! I am encouraged by her no nonsense approach to weight loss and her frank way of discussing food.

So, there you have it dahlings! Stop by these blogs and give them some sugar…or a carrot :)

6 comments:

Barrie said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Christine from TurboTax here. I just wanted to let yo know our site is back up and running again. Sorry about the downtime today.

Anonymous said...

Oops, just realized I spelled "you" wrong. :|

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Annie -

These blogs sound funny and interesting (just like you). :)

Blessings,
Susan

Patti said...

dadgum it, you took some of my awardees....they are good.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Oh Annie, thank you! I'm really touched that you would include Making This Home in this award. Your definition of my blog is much appreciated, too. I know it sounds silly, but I haven't been able to fully define what the heck I've been doing. You just did it for me, and I will be forever thankful.
I opened up a lot of the sites you listed--I hadn't been to many, and I've been looking around for a while now. What great women!
Katie