Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Beginning

I started writing today. Yes, I know I write here much of the time, but I actually started writing a story. It may actually have chapters! The writing bug has been nipping at me a great deal lately. Part of it is due to the fact that I don't like working for other people. Having been my own boss, I much prefer my own company, time line, and work ethic, than anyone elses.

It may also be due to the fact that I have been published, yes even paid (if you call $25.00 for an essay paid!) and I think I may actually have something to say. Not that anyone else may want to listen, but that's okay, for now. I have a friend who got off her butt a few years back and started really chasing her dream of being a writer. Guess what? She's now a PAID and PUBLISHED writer with two books, a big time NY agent, and a monthly income.

She's been nipping at me for awhile too.

So, why is it so hard? Lack of motivation? Lack of material? Or Fear of Failure? All three? Am I just lazy? None of the above. Perhaps I really don't have the time...

I can come up with a million and one excuses, but that still leaves me with that writers bug nipping at me.

No comments: