Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Year of Change

I turned 49 yesterday.

.
.
.
.
.
49...

I don't feel bad about it. I am just surprised that I could actually be this age. It isn't like I didn't know it was coming. I mean, after all, I'm not dead (yet). If I keep living, than logically, I get older. One does you know. It's just a little mystifying to find myself staring 50 in the face.

All this growing up! All this being responsible. Adulting. This is something OLD folks do.

Apparently, I do it too. Just don't call me old.

This last year, I've been MIA on this blog. Life is busy with the girls, with a wedding (yes, a wedding!), with a new career and all the demands of family life. I lost touch with friends, with myself, with the world.

Thus, this is the year of NEW THINGS and OLD THINGS.

New Things:

I've promised myself that I will do new things this year. I want take some hikes and see some places I haven't seen. I'm thinking about a tattoo - gulp. Sky diving, no. Hot air balloon, maybe. Maybe I'll take a spin class. Maybe I'll color my hair pink. Perhaps I'll take a dance class. The options are limitless. My ambition, well, we'll see.

Old Things:

I'm reconnecting with friends. I'm remembering the importance of making time for them, for us. It is good to have girlfriends. You know, the ones who really know you, who get you. I've missed this connection.

Writing, again. It has been difficult to keep the house clean, much less write a blog or anything else. I'm going to try though. I miss the creativity of it and the therapy.

I'm so blessed in this life that I have. My job is amazing. The girls are doing so well. I'm a Mother-in-law! My oldest two are fabulous people and I'm married to a great (who sometimes makes me a little crazy). Life is good.

These new things in my life are not because I'm bored or unhappy. It's just that the last 49 years have flown by...there might not be a lot of time left. Now is the time to seize the day!






No comments: