Monday, January 27, 2014

Advice Welcome

I really don't know who to talk to about this. I have no friends (that I can think of) who have dealt with this issue. If there is anyone out there in cyberspace who can share some thoughts with me, I am open to listening.

KK doesn't believe in God.

It's not that we didn't know this. It's just that instead of saying things she thinks we want to hear, she is snarky. She is disrespectful. She no longer denies what we have suspected all along.

Our option is to pray.

Pray

Pray

Pray

I am unsettled by her attitude.

And I don't know what is truth and what are lies.

Please don't misunderstand, in so many, many ways she is doing great. She's made a friend - and that's huge! Sometimes, she is sweet and thoughtful. There are times that she is such a joy.

But it's the anxious, snotty, lying moments that make me crazy.

She's so closed off. How do I help her?

A few days ago, after we had completed all of our adoption paperwork, she told Beloved that once the adoption is final...that we are stuck with her.

Which makes me think that what our therapist said in the beginning is true, "The first year will be hell...the second will be worse."

Pray for us. Pray for her. I know that this is God's plan for our family.

I just don't know if I'm strong enough to handle it all.

After re-reading the above post and some of the previous post, I have come to the conclusion that this blog has become bi-polar.

har har har

1 comment:

Island Rider said...

Having been through a difficult adolesence with our youngest, I can say that they will test and try you whether adopted or not. My best advice to help you hang in there is to pray, "Find them, like you found me." I read that in a book by Amy Grant where she talked about her concerns over whether her children would stray from the faith as adults. She remembers that God found her exactly where she was and in the midst of her sin and knows that He will do the same for her children. I pray this pray for my children now all the time. I don't need to make a list to God of what I want for them. I only want God to be their focus everythign else will come. As to her unbelief, I think part of that is testing everything which comes with teenage years. I would read a book by N.T. Wright called Simple Christianity. That book explains not only why we need God but how we can prove His existence. But, ultimately, it will be up to God to find her and to draw her to Him. He will, in His time.