Saturday, January 05, 2013

Just When I Thought I had it All Figured Out

Beloved and I had pretty much figured out the where and how with KK and Hay-Hay. I was going to request a job share so that I could pick them up in the afternoon. We would take turns taking sick days, driving to appointments, scheduling events. It may not have been easy, but we had sketched out a fairly good plan.

Until....

My Big Boss rolled into town on Thursday. He announced that he needed to speak to my boss and to me, a rarity, I assure you. Big Boss then shared the exciting news that our company had acquired another property and that I would be moving over and managing not only the start up, but the entire property!

WHAT!

Now, don't get me wrong, I worked my fanny off this summer as acting property manager while my boss was on maternity leave. I was not compensated for it in any way. I actually had to ask him if I had done a decent job.

He doesn't hand out compliments.

This promotion means a lot. It's really what I've been worked towards the 12 months I have been a part of this firm. I just didn't expect it and the selfish thing is, I WANT IT!

Which leaves KK and Hay-Hay where?

Can I work full time and be a good mom? That's not how I envision the mom role. I have never believed that one can have it all. Then of course there is the little "needy" factor of the girls, especially Hay-Hay.

Beloved thinks we can pull it off, he'll have to adjust his schedule. Girl assured us that she's here to help as well.

Can we do it all? The three of us? I guess we're going to find out.

Beloved and I begin our foster/adoption classes Tuesday.

Heaven help us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Exciting . ... . - Kat

That Janie Girl said...

Yahoooooooo on the promotion!

It will all work out…just take it a day at a time. You're a hard worker and a great provider. You can do it.

And congratulations on reaping the benefits of all your hard work!

Sandcastle Momma said...

You will figure it out and because you want both so badly you will find a way to make it work! Good luck!!!