Thursday, September 13, 2012

Silence

I suppose maybe I am impatient. Maybe I enjoy cooling my heals. Perhaps I just juggle all day long and am waiting for someone to throw me another ball. Could it be that I'm hard to please?

I don't think so.

Sunday night I emailed KK and Pickles' caseworker. I assumed I'd hear something by Tuesday. I'm not so naive as to think I'd get a response by Monday.

Tuesday came.

Tuesday went.

I phoned the caseworker as well as the person who certifies foster/adopt folks, on Wednesday morning.

I located the online class information and emailed the coordinator Wednesday evening.

And here I sit.

Is it just me, or shouldn't someone, somewhere in the human service division, be a little bit excited about a family who is willing and able to adopt older children from foster care?

Is it just me?

The silence from their end of the pond is not very comforting. Although, I have to admit, it's nice to know that nothing has changed since we were foster parents several years ago. The same old games, the same old power struggle.

Here I go, assuming again, but I am pretty sure that we'll hear from someone...someday...who will answer our avalanche of questions.

Until then, I guess I'll just wait in silence.

Or, I'll just moan and groan and possible seethe.


1 comment:

Island Rider said...

Trusting is hard work