Sunday, September 02, 2012

I'm Just Following the Map

Our wonderful exchange student has returned to school back east. We miss her. She brought so much to our lives. We look forward to seeing her again and are so thankful for all that she taught us. Our hearts are so full of love for her! I simply get all gushy when I talk about her!

That being said, one of the things she showed us, is that we have room in hearts for more people. Our house has room. We've always wanted to use the house to bless others.

Girl came home one weekend from camp and told us about one of her campers. She is 13 and a foster child. Girl went on and on and on. I quipped, "Maybe we should adopt her!" and Girl beamed her approval.

A few weeks went by and the foster child came up again. I said to Beloved, "Maybe we should adopt her."

He replied, "Maybe we should."

........

So, we are praying. We don't even know if she is available to adopt. We haven't even met her. Still....there are things about her that remind us of our previous foster daughters. Our Girl is so attached to her. It feels like maybe this is the right thing for us to do.

I don't know.

Not really.

But I'm open to the idea.

I've contacted the Foster  Mom to ask some questions, so I guess we'll wait and see.

The thing is, having an empty nest isn't all it's cracked up to be and if God is telling us to adopt this girl...well, who are we to say no?

I'll keep you posted. If you are the praying sort, would you pray about this for us?

Thanks :)

2 comments:

Island Rider said...

PRAYING! Read my post on orphans from last week. Love that you are open to this.

T. Paine said...

You and your hubby are wonderful people. A prayer has been said that His will be done and that you both may know what that is.