Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Don't Wait...Okay, Wait.

We heard from the Foster Mom that the case worker said...

Yes, the same case worker who refuses to return my phone calls or emails...

She said we shouldn't wait to meet the girls. Don't wait until the paperwork is back. Don't wait for a criminal background check. Don't wait.

With that in mind, we will be meeting KK and Pickles for the very first time this Saturday. That is the day after my 45th birthday.

Happy birthday to me :)

She followed up this wonderful news with information I didn't really care for. It is her recommendation that KK and Pickles not be moved - if an adoption takes place - until June.

So, even though the girls are adoptable in December (as far as we know), we should wait until June because Foster Mom and the "Board" think it's in their best interest to finish out the school year.

Which, honestly, I do get.

However, as Beloved pointed out, change is change. It isn't going to make that much difference whether they come to us in December and spend the two week holiday getting settled in with us or spending a couple of months settling in until the new school year begins.

These two chickies are in a small school district, verses the very large, culturally diverse one they will attend should we adopt them.

All of it is going to be hard. It's all going to be change.

I hate waiting. I've mentioned that before. I really do want what is best for these two, but I also want them here, in my home, so that we can all learn, and grow, and change together.

June is a long, long time to wait for a family.

And who is this "board" who makes decisions about two little girls they have never met? It's all strange and annoying.


1 comment:

Sun Valley Homestead said...

Praying that everything goes well and the girls arrive at just the right time.